|Ceramic Fiber Board Handling
- Handling: Ceramic fiber boards are fabricated by ceramic fibers that may cause itch and
respiratory system discomfort. Please use mask and gloves when handling them.
- Cutting and shaping: The material is soft. It can be cut by general wheel saw and utility knife. If
large quantity is needed, die cut is a good choice
- Use of adhesive to join: We have A14 high temperature adhesive that is fabricated from high
purity Alumina and Silicate raw materials. It is designed to bond ceramic fiber boards together.
- Clear each surface to be bonded by removing contaminants and dust using a
- Mix the adhesive well because material may settle while transported or sitting.
- Apply the adhesive to each surface to be bonded, and contact surfaces together.
Apply light but firm pressure for 1 minute to allow for initial set, and then gently
place the bonded piece aside in such a fashion that the bonding plane does not
have any force acting on it except in the normal direction to the bonding plane.
Excess adhesive may seep from the bond site.
- Allow to dry at room temperature, or an elevated temperature (don’t exceed 100°C),
for about 24 hours. Ceramic bond will be developed at temperature of above 1000°
- Screw holding: when use screws to hold a board on a base, it’s better to paint a layer a
adhesive on both screws and the base.