Skyline Components, LLC
R28 Refractory Coating is a mixture of alumina and silica that is used for
treating surfaces of ceramic fiber products to form a protective surface to
improve the resistance to chemical attack, mechanical wear, high gas
- Increase surface hardness of ceramic fiber blanket and board
- Increase resistance to erosion of high velocity gas
- Bond composites and laminates
- Easily applied by brushing, dipping, rolling or spraying method.
- Thermal shock resistant
- Reflect heat
- Upper using temperature 2800°F
- Surfaces to be coated should be free of any grease and oil. Surfaces
with high water absorption should be wetted with water before using
- Mix coating well because material may settle while transported or
- Coating can be applied by brushing, rolling, and spraying (by add
water to a suitable viscosity). Respiratory protection and ventilation
are required when applied by spraying.
- Coating receives its hardening action by air-drying for about 24 hours
from the removal of physical water. The curing process can be
accelerated by heating. Curing is a function of the coating thickness,
size, and geometry, as well as humidity. However, the coating dried at
room temperature is not water-proof. Final curing should be done at
high temperature (>1000 °F).
- One pound of coating can cover an area of approximately 5-30
square feet, depending on how to use it.
- After curing, R28 coating will render a hard surface without
completely hardening the interior of the ceramic fiber body.
R28 Refractory Coating must be protected from freezing. Normal shelf life is
6 months in unopened containers that have been properly stored.
Fused Quartz Glass
Ceramic Fiber Insulations